These settings provide the best user experience for the myUFL system and ensure all portal services will work as expected.
Administrators in myUFL
What is myUFL? (Back to Top)
myUFL is the university ‘portal’ that provides access to a variety of services and applications for the university community.
Except when down for system maintenance, myUFL makes it possible for many UF business processes to be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Students, faculty, staff, alumni, vendors, and other UF affiliated groups access myUFL via its logon page, https://my.ufl.edu/ps/signon.html.
Among the many services available via myUFL is travel and expense functions, time reporting, direct deposit and emergency contact information, and the student online payment system.
Enterprise Systems (ES) is the department that manages the myUFL portal. To view the services ES provides visit http://www.es.ufl.edu/serv.html.
Why can I not enter my time in myUFL? (Back to Top)
There are a couple of reasons as to why you may not be able to enter your time.
1. You might not have the appropriate roles. If you are able to log into myUFL, under Main Menu > My Account > My Roles, check for the role UF_TL Employee. If you are missing that role, you might want to speak to your payroll processor and inform them of this point.
2. You started working after the beginning of the pay period. Only employees that have an appointment date on the 1st day of the payperiod (usually every other Friday) can enter their time as soon as they start working. All other new appointments that have been entered in the middle of the payperiod must wait until the following next period to sign up.
I'm a student. Why can't I see the My Campus Finances menu? (Back to Top)
You may not have the proper role to view that menu. Within myUFL, under Main Menu > My Account > My Roles, check for UF_SF_STUDENT and UF_SS_USER. If those two appear, clear your browser's cache and cookies and look again.
Where can I see how much tuition I owe? (Back to Top)
After logging into myUFL, click Main Menu > My Campus Finances > Tuition Statement.
Where do I see the payments I've made? (Back to Top)
After logging into myUFL, click Main Meny > My Campus Finances > Payment History.
What are administrative applications? (Back to Top)
Administrative applications implement processes concerning UF personnel and financial business in support of the academic mission of the University. Administrative applications are now handled through PeopleSoft in the myUFL portal. Sign in with your GatorLink username and password.
Where are administrative applications located? (Back to Top)
Most web-based administrative applications are located in the myUFL portal. Non-web-based applications are located on the NERDC UF Menu System.
How do I get security to use administrative applications? (Back to Top)
Security to use PeopleSoft administrative applications is granted by your department and implemented by the Enterprise Systems group. If you need to use an administrative Human Resource, Finance, Enterprise Reporting, or Manage UF Directory application, contact your Department Security Administrator (DSA). If your request is approved, the DSA will enter a security request formally into the myUFL Access Request System, and Enterprise Systems staff will approve and implement the security.
Most requests that were formally submitted on paper forms are also now submitted through this same process. Non-PeopleSoft administrative applications that are viewed on the web-based UF Menu or from a EI&O (NERDC) UF Menu screen are called "legacy applications." A list of legacy roles is available for DSAs' reference.
A few administrative applications, such as access to Student Records, are still applied for through a paper application process. For Student Records, contact the Registrar at 352-392-1374.
I was told my security was implemented, so why can't I see the links in myUFL? (Back to Top)
First, verify that you have been assigned the expected role by signing on the myUFL Portal and navigating to Main Menu > My Account > My Roles. It the role does not yet appear, check with your Department Security Administrator to see the status of the request.
If the role is listed, the problem is most often related to your web browser caching old versions of pages and not displaying the new menus. Close all browser windows except one, sign out of myUFL, then delete your cookies and cache. After restarting your browser, sign on to myUFL and check for the links.
If you still cannot see the items you need, record any error message your receive and contact the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357 or email@example.com.
How do I get assistance with myUFL issues? (Back to Top)
You must enter into myUFL's Identity Access Management Menu. Once there you will have the tools available to search for an employee by UFID, Last name or even Date of Birth. This is also the place where you would maintain or update their information. A few tips when entering a new employee onto the UF Directory:
- Check the IT alerts page at alerts.it.ufl.edu to see if there is an outage
- If you need to learn how to use a component, register for training under Main Menu > My Self Service
- Check with your department's administrative staff related to the function (Payroll Processor, Office Manager, Identity Management Coordinator, etc.)
- Policy and process questions should be directed to the appropriate Core Office (Payroll, HR, Purchasing, etc.)
- Questions regarding the use of the function in myUFL should be directed to the UF Computing Help Desk. We can be contacted at (352) 392-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When should I sign-up my new employee for his or her appointment date? (Back to Top)
- Ensure that the new hire’s effective date is the first day of the pay-period. This will allow the user to enter their time by the following week.
- If your new hire’s effective date is after the beginning of the pay-period, their supervisor will need to manually enter their time until the following pay-period.
How should I enter an employee in the UF Directory? (Back to Top)
You must enter into myUFL's Identity Management Menu. Once there you will have the tools available to search for an employee by UFID, Last name or even Date of Birth. This is also the place where you would maintain or update their information. A few tips when entering a new employee onto the UF Directory:
- Ensure that the user does not have a previous UFID in the UF Directory
- Ensure that users first and last names do not contain special characters
- A period should be not used after the middle name initial
- Ensure that a proper affiliation is given to the new user
- If you are unsure of what affiliation to give the user, contact the Help Desk
Where is the financial information from screen 21? (Back to Top)
If you have the proper roles, you can navigate to it by going to Main Menu > UF Campus Solutions > Student Financials > Current Term Tuition and Fees. If any of these links don't appear, you may be missing the role. You can check by going to Main Menu > My Account > My Roles to see if UF_SF_TUITION_FEE_VIEW and UF_SA_USER roles are there. If they are not, please contact your DSA.
Why can't I see View Account Summary and/or View Customer Accounts? (Back to Top)
If you have the proper roles, you can navigate to it by going to Main Menu > UF Campus Solutions > Student Financials. If any of these links don't appear, you may be missing the role. You can check by going to Main Menu > My Account > My Roles to see if UF_SF_STUDENT_VIEW and UF_SA_USER roles are there. If they are not, please contact your DSA.
Where can I view the tuition a students owes or see his or her payment history? (Back to Top)
If you have the proper roles, you can navigate to it by going to Main Menu > UF Campus Solutions > Student Financials. If any of these links don't appear, you may be missing the role. You can check by going to Main Menu > My Account > My Roles to see if UF_SF_STUDENT_FINANCIALS_VIEW and UF_SA_USER roles are there. If they are not, please contact your DSA.
How do I request a listserv for my class? (Back to Top)
Go to https://my.ufl.edu. Click on "Main Menu" and then "My Self Service." Click on "Manage Class Roles." A new window will open, allowing you to choose the section(s) for which you'd like to request a listserv. You also have the choice to download your section class roll by clicking each individual section number. Once a listserv has been created, you can go to lists.ufl.edu to add TAs to the course and make other modifications.
How do I access Enterprise Reporting with Internet Explorer 9 or 10? (Back to Top)
Please note that this is a more complicated version of compatibility mode that is already included in our myUFL browser requirements.***
If you have been unable to access Enterprise Reporting in myUFL using Internet Explorer 9 or 10, please follow the teps below.
- 1. Login into myUFL.
- 2. Navigate to the spot where the IE 10 is causing a glitch. (getting the blank, white screen).
- 3. Press key F12 to see this image pop up.
- 4. In the menu bar of that pop up, look for and click Browser Mode.
- 5. Select a version of Internet Explorer (for example, IE 8).
If you still experience any issues, please contact the UF Computing Help Desk at (352) 392-4357.