How Do I Setup my GatorLink E-Mail on my iPhone?
- First start off by tapping on the Settings icon on your home screen.
- Now tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- Here you can tap "Add Account..." to start adding your Gator Link e-mail account to your Mail application.
- Then, tap "Add Mail Account."
- Once here, you can input your name, your GatorLink e-mail address (don't forget the @ufl.edu) and your GatorLink password.
- Now you can select to configure Mail to use either IMAP or POP. IMAP is required because synchronizes your email between the server and your phone.
- In the Incoming Mail Server section, type imap.ufl.edu for the Host Name. Then type in your GatorLink user name and password. In the Outgoing Mail Server, type in smtp.ufl.edu and then your GatorLink user name and password again. Then press save. Your account will verify and it will then take you back to the main Mail, Contacts, Calendar screen.
At this point your email should work. To test this, go back to the home screen, click on "Mail," and send yourself a test email.
- If your mailbox is still not working, go back into settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendar," then into your GatorLink mailbox settings. Scroll down, and your settings should look like this picture. Now tap on Advanced.
- Just to verify your settings, "Use SSL" should be on, "Authentication" should be set to Password, and the "Server Port" should read 993.
- Now go back and select the SMTP option under "Outgoing Mail Server".
- Then, tap "smtp.ufl.edu" under the Primary Server.
- In this section your options should look like the picture and sure that your "Server Port" is set to 587, which allows you to send e-mail through smtp.ufl.edu from wherever you're connected.
Your Mail application is now set up to check your GatorLink e-mail!