Wireless Manual Configuration - Windows Vista
Configuring Windows Vista for UF WPA 2 wireless
- Select Start button, then Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel Home, then View Network Status and Tasks.
- Select Manage wireless networks.
- From the Manage Wireless Networks window, select the Add button.
- Select Manually create a network profile.
- Enter the following information.:
- Select Next. You may get an error about not being able to connect to the network, ignore it.
- Select Change connection settings.
- From the Wireless Network properties windows, go to the Security tab, and select Settings.
- From the Protected EAP Properties window, make sure Validate server certificate is checked.
- In the Trusted Root Certificate Athorities box, put a check next to the Add Trust Root CA.
- If you do not see Add Trust listed you may need to install the Add Trust root certificate. Please go to How to add AddTrust Root Certificate.
- Make sure the box for Enable Fast Reconnect is checked.
- Select the Configure button next to the Select Authentication Method box.
- In the EAP MSCHAP v2 Properties window, UNCHECK the box for Automatically use my Windows logon name...
- Select OK to save and close all open dialogue windows.
You should now be able to access the 'uf' wireless network. When prompted for login info you should use your Gatorlink userid and password to login. If you checked the box in the Security section to remember your credentials then this will happen automatically each time you connect after the initial successful connection attempt. Note that the credentials will have to be re-entered each time you change your password.