Configuring Windows Vista for Eduroam wireless
- Select Start button, then "Control Panel".
- Select "Control Panel Home", then "View Network Status and Tasks".
- Select "Manage wireless networks".
- From the "Manage Wireless Networks" window, select the "Add" button.
- Select "Manually create a netowrk profile".
- Enter the following information.
- Select "Next". You may get an error about not being able to connect to the network, ignore it.
- Select "Change connection settings".
- From the "Wireless Network properties" windows, go to the "Security" tab, and select "Settings".
- From the Protected EAP Properties window, make sure "Validate server certificate" is checked.
- In the Trusted Root Certificate Athorities box, put a check next to the Add Trust Root CA.
- If you do not see Add Trust listed you may need to install the Add Trust root certificate. Please go to how to add Add Trust root certificate.
- Make sure the box for "Enable Fast Reconnect" is checked.
- Select the "Configure" button next to the "Select Authentication Method" box.
- In the EAP MSCHAP v2 Properties window, UNCHECK the box for "Automatically use my Widnows logon name..."
- Select "OK" to save and close all open dialogue windows.
You should now be able to access ‘eduroam’ wireless network . When prompted for login info you should use your<your gatorlink userid>@ufl.edu and password to login. You should check web browsing, accessing any services that you typically use and make sure these are working for you.