Wireless Manual Configuration – Mac OS Lion
Configuring Mac OS 10.7 Lion for UF WPA 2 wireless
Follow these steps if the xpress connect utility failed to connect to uf wireless network.
For Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks (OSX 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9)
- Open Network Preferences.
- Click Advanced.
- On the network list highlight uf, then click the minus (-) button.
- Close the window, then click Apply.
- Close the window.
- Click the Apple on the top left of the screen and select System Preferences.
- Under the System tab select Profiles.
- Click the minus (-) button to remove the profile.
- If prompted for you local administrator password, enter it and click OK.
- Close the system preferences windows.
- Go to the Airport at the top right of the screen and select Join Other Network.
- Enter uf where it says Network Name.
- SelectWPA 2 Enterprise where it says Security your screen should look like this.
- Enter your GatorLink username and password and click Join.
- After you are connected to the UF Wireless you may need to go back into the Network Preferences from step one and click the connect button to authenticate on the UF Network.
- If you open a web browser and are prompted to install the safe connect client, just follow the instructions provided on the page.