Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In



I am leaving the University soon. What will happen to my account and services

I am leaving the University soon. What will happen to my account and services?

UF Faculty, Staff, and Students get several Gatorlink Services free of charge for being affiliated with the University. Unfortunately, when a student graduates or when a staff member leaves the University, many of these services disappear.

Below you will find a list of pointers for when you leave the University.

  • If you are an Alumni, you can create an Alumni account. This is a free forwarding service for life that Alumni get in order to maintain an address that contains UF name in it. For more information please visit
  • Start giving out your new email address in your resume or in any other places where you might give an email out.
  • Back-up any files that you might have stored in your Plaza site. As soon as an audit runs, you will lose all access to your personal sites.
  • Update your Directory information at myUFL with your new phone number and contact information. The Alumni Association will probably send you Alumni information.

You can always come by or call the UF Computing Help Desk in regards to setting up Gatorlink forwarding or on how to set up email clients.


Return to the Main FAQ page.














 Last modified at 7/10/2013 11:09 AM by Varvorines, Drake