How Do I Configure Dot1x on Windows Vista Manually?
- Select Start button, then "Control Panel".
- Select "Control Panel Home", then "View Network Status and Tasks".
- Select "Manage wireless networks".
- From the "Manage Wireless Networks" window, select the "Add" button.
- Select "Manually create a netowrk profile".
- Enter the following information:
|Network Name (lower case!)
||WPA 2 - Enterprise |
- Select "Next". You may get an error about not being able to connect to the network, ignore it.
- Select "Change connection settings".
- From the "Wireless Network properties" windows, go to the "Security" tab, and select "Settings".
- From the Protected EAP Properties window, make sure "Validate server certificate" is checked.
- In the Trusted Root Certificate Athorities box, put a check next to the Add Trust Root CA.
- If you do not see Add Trust listed you may need to install the Add Trust root certificate. Please go to how to add Add Trust root certificate.
- Make sure the box for "Enable Fast Reconnect" is checked.
- Select the "Configure" button next to the "Select Authentication Method" box.
- In the EAP MSCHAP v2 Properties window, UNCHECK the box for "Automatically use my Widnows logon name..."
- Select "OK" to save and close all open dialogue windows.
You should now be able to access the 'uf' wireless network. When prompted for login info you should use your Gatorlink username and password to login. If you checked the box in the Security section to remember your credentials then this will happen automatically each time you connect after the initial successful connection attempt. Note that the credentials will have to be re-entered each time you change your password.