How do I set up my GatorLink email on my Thunderbird 3 client?
Configure Thunderbird for the first time after it is installed:
- Simply start Thunderbird and it will ask you to enter your information. Enter your email address, GatorLink username and password, click continue.
- After you click continue, both the incoming and outgoing servers should have been able to connect and set up automatically. UF recommends enabling the security for your email communications. You will want your settings to match the below image:
- If they don't, click the Manual Config button, and use the settings as shown in the above image.
- Incoming: imap.ufl.edu Port: 993 Security: SSL/TLS
- Outgoing: smtp.ufl.edu Port: 587 Security: STARTTLS
If this isn't your first time running Thunderbird:
You'll need to access account settings to add a new email account.
- Go to Tools then Account Settings
- Under Account Actions select Add Mail Account
- Enter your name, UF email address and Gatorlink password
- At this point the instructions should follow the same as above.
You are done!