How do I set up my GatorLink email on my Outlook client?
- To add your GatorLink Email account to Outlook, first you must get to Account Settings. In Outlook 2010 click File, then the Account Settings button.
- If you're using Outlook 2007 or lower, simply click the Tools button at the top of the screen, and then click on Account Settings from here.
- At this point, the setup is the same for both Outlook 2010 and 2007.
- Here, Click the New button to add a new email account to Outlook.
- Then make sure E-Mail Account is selected and click Next.
- At this next screen, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click next.
- Now select Internet E-Mail and next.
- The next screen is where you can enter all the server information. Enter the information as follows:
- Incoming: imap.ufl.edu (or pop.ufl.edu) Outgoing: smtp.ufl.edu
- After entering this information click More Settings...
- Make sure the Outgoing server is using the same username and password to authenticate.
- Finally, click on the Advanced tab and make sure the information is as follows:
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS
- After this, just click OK, and then click on the Test Account Settings button and everything should go through just fine.
If you have any questions or issues, please call the Help Desk at (352) 392- HELP (4357).
Return to the Main FAQ page.