How do I set up my Android device to access Exchange Email?
This is a tutorial to set up IMAP Exchange mail on a generic mail client. Note that the client will not have access to the calendar, contacts, etc. because it will not be an actual Exchange account.
The navigation may vary depending on the version of the Android system being used.
- Open the mail application
- Press the menu button and then “Add account”
- Type in the full email address and password and then select “Manual setup”
- Select IMAP for “What type of account is this?”
- Change the IMAP server to: imap.mail.ufl.edu
- Change the Port to: 993
- Change the Security type to: SSL
- Change the SMTP server to: smtp.mail.ufl.edu
- Change the Port to: 587
- Change the Security type to: TLS
- Check Require sign-in
- Pressing “Next” should close out and finish the setup.
Note: Sometimes the security types need to be changed to “None” in the Incoming/ Outgoing server settings in order for the setup to complete properly.
Note: Ensure that the client only has their username and not their full email where it asks for “Username”.
Currently with Android phones, Exchange cannot be set up using the Exchange Protocol. So if clients wants services like Calendars and Contacts, we suggest clients download Touch Down, which offers a free 20-day trial and then $20 after the trial period ends. Touchdown will also allow you to run multiple exchange accounts on your android phone.