How do I change my directory profile?
Updating Your Directory Profile
Keeping your contact information up to date with the University of Florida is a crucial step in making sure you receive all messages the university may have to send. In this article you will learn how to update your directory information by using myUFL, also known as the Portal.
Navigating the Portal
- To access the myUFL portal, go to http://my.ufl.edu/ and login using your GatorLink username and password.
- Once you have logged in, you will see a menu bar along the top of the page. There click on Main Menu and then My Account. A submenu will appear such as the one featured below.
- In the submenu, click on Update My Directory Profile. You will then be brought to the Update My Directory Profile page, which appears as follows:
- Once you are at the Update My Directory Profile page, you can click on any of the text boxes to change the information listed inside it.
- You should always avoid clicking on your browser's Back button when navigating the myUFL Portal.
Changing Your Display Name and Surname
On the Update My Directory Profile page, your Business name will appear under Names and Personal Attributes. Beneath your Birthdate and SSN, you can see your Display Name. You can change your Display Name, perhaps to use a nickname, in these text boxes.
The last name listed under Names and Personal Attributes is your Directory Name. This name is used in the Active Directory and the UF Mail systems for searching and signing of emails. You can change this name to use a nickname if desired.
It will take about an hour for the searchable online directory to reflect your changes.
Your UF Business Name can not be changed in the Directory. To change your UF Business Name:
- Students must contact the University Registrar. Please see www.reg.ufl.edu for further information.
- Non-students must contact University Processing and Records. Please see www.hr.ufl.edu for further information.
Changing an Address
- Scroll down to Work Data, Local Home Data, and Permanent Home Data.
- You will now see a list of the addresses that are currently in the UF Directory. Select the address that you wish to change by clicking on the text boxes in that section and updating the information.
Be sure to fill in all of the required information which includes:
- Postal (ZIP) Code
- Phone Country Code, Area Code, and Number
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Submit once you have finished.
You have now successfully completed your address change!
A non-student can change his/her address but still must submit a W-4 form to Human Resources.
From the Update My Directory Profile page you can see sensitive personal information, such as your social security number (SSN). This does not mean that your SSN will be published. The University of Florida will never publish your SSN.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page and look under Publish Information you will be able to choose whether or not you'd like your Local Home Data and Permanent Home Data to be published. If you choose not to have your address published, it will not appear in any public search of the UF Directory, including the phone book. If you want to publish your Local Home Data or Permanent Home Data information, select Publish under the corresponding data. If you do not want this data published, select Do Not Publish.
Always keep your directory information updated. These records are used by the university to send you important information. Don't forget to protect your account by clicking Exit myUFL in the upper right corner of the page and closing the browser when you have finished updating your directory information.