How Do I Configure Dot1x on Windows XP Manually?
- Select Start button, then All Programs-->Accessories-->Communications-->Network Connections.
- From the Network Connections list, RIGHT click on the Wireless Network Connection and select "Properties" from the menu.
- Select the "Wireless Networks" tab from the top and click the "Add" button.
- This will bring up the Wireless Network Properties. Enter the following information in this window:
|Network Name (lower case!)
||WPA 2 |
- Next select the "Authentication" tab at the top.
- The "EAP type" should be set to "Protected EAP (PEAP).
- Make sure that the "Authenticate as computer when information is available" is NOT checked.
- Click on "Properties" button under EAP type.
- This should bring up the "Protected EAP Properties" window.
- Make sure "Validate server certificate" is checked.
- In the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities", check the box for Add Trust Root CA. If you do not see the Add Trust root you may need to add it first. Please go to how to add Add Trust root certificate.
- Make sure the box for "Enable Fast Reconnect" is checked.
- Select the "Configure" button next to the "Select Authentication Method" box.
- In the EAP MSCHAP v2 Properties window, UNCHECK the box for "Automatically use my Widnows logon name..."
- Select OK to save and close all open dialogue windows.
You should now be able to access the 'uf' wireless network. When prompted for login info you should use your Gatorlink username and password to login. If you checked the box in the Security section to remember your credentials then this will happen automatically each time you connect after the initial successful connection attempt. Note that the credentials will have to be re-entered each time you change your password.