How Do I Configure Dot1x on Mac OS Leopard Manually?
- Give the profile a name, for example "UF wirless network". Then enter the following information.
||Gatorlink account username|
||Gatorlink account password |
||Only check PEAP |
- From the Menu bar, select the Apple icon, and then "System Preferences".
- In the "Internet & Network" section, select "Network".
- From the Network window, select "Airport" on the left side and then the "Advanced" button near the bottom.
- From the menu at the top select "802.1X"
- Click the "+" in the lower left corner and select the choice "Add User Profile".
- Give the profile a name, for example "UF wireless network".
- Select "OK" to close the profile window.
- Select "Apply" on the Network window to save the changes.
- To use the network just configured, make sure it is selected from the Network Name selections.
- If you have not connected to this network before you may need to setup trust for the certificate.
You should now be able to access the 'uf' wireless network. When prompted for login info you should use your Gatorlink username and password to login. If you checked the box in the Security section to remember your credentials then this will happen automatically each time you connect after the initial successful connection attempt. Note that the credentials will have to be re-entered each time you change your password.