How Do I Configure Dot1x On Windows 7 Manually?
- Select Start button, then "Control Panel", then "View Network Status and Tasks" or "Network and Sharing Center".
- Select "Manage wireless networks".
- Select "Add" from the menu bar.
- Select "Manually create a network profile".
- Enter the following information.
|Network Name (lower case!)
||WPA 2 - Enterprise |
- Select "Next". You may get an error about not being able to connect to the network, ignore it.
- Select "Change connection
- Go to the security tab, and select "Advanced Settings".
- Check "Specify authentication mode" and set the drop down selection to "User Authentication" only.
- Select the "OK" button to save changes. (Enable Single sign on should not be selected)
- This will bring you back to the Security settings window.
- If you want to have your logins happen automatically, you can check the box next to "Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on."
- Select "Settings" next to the authentication method section.
- Make sure "Validate server certificate" is selected".
- In the Trusted Root Certificate Authorities box, put a check next to Add trust.
- If you do not see Add Trust listed you may need to install the Add trust root certificate. Please go to how to add Add trust root certificate.
- Select the "Configure" button next to the Select Authentication Method box.
- In the EAP MSCHAP v2 Properties dialogue box, make sure that selection check box for "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password." is NOT checked.
- Select "OK" to save and close all open dialogue windows.
You should now be able to access the 'Eduroam wireless network. When prompted for login info you should use your Gatorlink username and password to login. If you checked the box in the Security section to remember your credentials then this will happen automatically each time you connect after the initial successful connection attempt. Note that the credentials will have to be re-entered each time you change your password.