For Mac OS 10.6 or later
- Earlier operating systems do not support Exchange configurations.
In the Mail application, click on the Mail Menu, then preferences. On the accounts tab, click the plus sign to add an account. If they have never set up an account before, they will go to the "welcome to Mail" page.
In the Welcome to Mail or Add Account window:
- Name: Your name as you would like it to appear on messages you send
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Password: Gatorlink password
When finished, press Continue or Setup
If the Mac Mail app crashes
If after you select continue the app crashes, one possible fix is to:
- Go back to the Add Account window
- Now fill in the Name and Email Address fields, but enter in a WRONG password and select continue
- On the next page make the email server outlook.office365.com and update the password, and ensure the username is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select continue and everything should work!
If Mac Mail is unable to detect the settings, you can set it up manually. To perform a manual configuration, hold option when pressing the button to proceed (inputting an incorrect password or username should have the same effect).
The setting are:
- Account Type: Exchange 2007
- Description: Exchange Online (Can be named whatever the client wishes)
- Incoming Mail Server: outlook.office365.com
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Gatorlink Password