Converting Cassette Tapes to CD
1. In order to start converting a cassette tape to CD, open Audacity from the main menu.
2. When Audacity opens, select Edit > Preferences, and change the recording device to Delta 1010LT 5/6 as shown below.
3. Next, you will need to power on the Teak cassette player
on the bottom left of the player. When ready, load the cassette into one
of the tape decks by pressing the Eject button.
4. You will now need to make sure the cassette is rewound, and then press the play button when ready.
5. Now in Audacity, press the Record icon in order to begin recording the audio as shown below. When the first side of the record is finished recording, click the Stop icon.
6. You can then click the Play icon to listen to your recording.
7. If your recording sounds very low or is hard to hear, you may increase the Gain
as shown below in order to increase the volume of your recording. In
addition, make sure that the volume of your headset is on, but not
excessively low or high in order to better judge the volume of your
8. A slightly more complicated way of increasing the volume,
is by amplifying the wavelength. First, left click and drag over the
portion you would like to amplify (or press CTRL + A to select the
entire track). Then, go to Effect > Amplify and the window shown below will appear. Click Preview
to test the volume of the selected portion, you can drag the bar in
order to increase or decrease the volume. When you are finished, click OK.
The desired result of using amplify is shown below.
9. However, if you do not like your recording all together, simply click the X to the left of Audio Track as shown below, and repeat the previous steps.
7. After you are done recording, if you need help to edit the existing audio recording, please refer here.
Otherwise, you may export as an Ogg, WAV, or MP3 file format depending on your needs as shown below.